Family Yoga at Zoo Atlanta
Ages 4+. Can you balance like a flamingo or reach like an orangutan? Experience a connection to animals like no other through our Family Zoo Yoga program. This fun, interactive program is geared toward families with children ages 4+ and includes 30-40 minutes of animal-inspired yoga poses with our certified instructor.
After the class, spend the remaining time learning more about the animals from a Zoo Educator and find out how humans are connected to the featured species. Each month will feature a new animal and new poses. We hope you will come connect with animals and take time to connect with your family in a whole new way!
2021 Dates / Times
8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. each day
March 13 | Giant Panda Poses
April 10 | Sunrise on the Savanna: Elephants
May 8 | Good Morning, Gorillas
June 12 | Sunrise on the Savanna: Giraffes
July 10 | Sunrise with Sun Bears
August 14 | Sunrise on the Savanna: Lions
September 11 | Sunrise on the Savanna: Elephants
October 9 | Giant Panda Poses
Non-Member: $20 for a parent/guardian and child (each additional participant will be $4 each)*
*$20 to add admission to the Zoo per ticket combo ($10 for each additional participant)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Meets inside the front gate in Flamingo Plaza at 8:15 a.m.
- For non-Members, Zoo admission must be purchased before entering the Zoo.
- Participants will be required to sign an online digital waiverprior to the program.
- All participants must pre-register. No walks-up allowed.
- Parking is conveniently located in the lot on Cherokee Avenue and in the new Grant Park Gateway parking facility on Boulevard. Rates will be $3 an hour for a maximum of $12 a day.
PARTICIPANT SAFETY POLICIES
- We ask all participants to stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been in contact with a COVID-positive individualin the past 2 weeks.
- Programs will take place exclusively in outdoor or semi-outdoor locations.
- Participants will be spaced 6 feet apart from one another. Spaces will be marked with tape before the program to ensure that everyone knows where to position their mats.
- Participants will be asked to maintain a six-foot distance between themselves, other participants, and zoo team members for the entirety of the program
- Participants will be required to bring their own yoga mats.
- All participants 2 and up are required to wear a face mask while participating in the program.
- The Zoo will provide sanitation materials for participant use, including: hand sanitizer, sanitation wipes, and disinfectant spray.
- All Zoo Team members will wear a face mask for the duration of the program.
- All Zoo team members will maintain a six-foot distance between themselves, other staff members, and participants
Event Disclaimer: This website is provided “as is” and Homeschool Anywhere makes no representations or warranties in relation to the accuracy or completeness of Information. Visitors rely on Information on the website at their own risk. Times and dates are subject to change.
Report this Event